SUVs range from practical off road machines to luxury urban commuters. Some drivers prefer to drive an SUV for their larger size, feeling safer on the road, while others choose an SUV to fulfil certain transportation needs that a car may not be able to do. If you’re looking to purchase a used SUV in Denver, we have created this page to guide your considerations when searching for an SUV or crossover SUV.
Tips and considerations about buying an SUV
- Engine size. You will want to consider the engine size you need. A larger engine comes as a trade off with gas economy. If you carry a lot of cargo, or have towing needs a larger engine will be advantageous, though the average mpg’s will be decreased.
- With third row seating, many SUVs can fit up to seven passengers. Some SUVs provide more legroom for passengers than others. While third row seating can fit two more passengers, it comes at the expense of cargo space.
- Cargo options. As previously mentioned, cargo space is an additional consideration especially if the vehicle is already full of passengers, and third row seating is occupied. If you’re using the vehicle for the soccer carpool, family road trips, you may want to consider additional cargo capacity. Will you need to purchase after market roof racks, cargo boxes, rear hitch cargo racks, bike racks etc, and how do these accessories fit on the car?
- 2WD, 4WD or AWD. You may be surprised, but you don’t want to assume that all SUVs have 4 Wheel Drive. While less common in Colorado, there are some used SUVs in Denver which come as 2WD or 4WD models. Others have AWD. You may be able to save some money by purchasing a 2WD SUV, but you will need to be sure that you don’t need, or won’t expect it to handle the same as, the 4 wheel drive version.
- Other Features. With a variety of makes, models, and trim packages available in the SUV and crossover segment, there may be a few additional needs that you desire from a vehicle that aren’t listed above. Read on for a list of the Top Ten Most Desired SUV Features we hear customers asking for…
Top Reasons to Buy a used SUV in Denver
- Need more cargo space
- Ability to seat more passengers
- Driving in snowy wintry conditions
- Better visibility and safety
- Towing capacity
Crossover SUVs have become really popular in the last ten years mixing the best features of sedans and SUVs. Generally crossovers have…
- More cargo space than a sedan
- AWD options
- Higher vantage point for the drivers seat than a sedan
- More standard features found in SUVs
- Often better gas mileage than SUVs
Let us help you find your used SUV in Denver
If you’re in the market for an SUV, we’re here to help. We have a variety of SUVs available, whether for third row seating, 4WD, or room for extra cargo. We also have more financing solutions, to get you down the road in your next SUV faster.
Our Customers Say It Best
Jon was great. We just moved to Colorado from LA. He picked us up, got us the perfect car, a Chevy Blazer. So glad too with the recent snow. And then when I returned the 14′ truck back to U-haul he met me there and gave me a ride home. Thank you Jon for all your kindness, you’re a true gentleman. – Julia
I was looking online at options for a new car, I called several different dealerships with little success. I found a Jeep Wrangler at Mark’s Auto, through craigslist.org, and called in. Mike was very helpful, informative, and professional. He set an appointment for me to come in. When I got here he knew who I was and was well prepared. He fit me into a car better in my budget and covered by needs. I’ll recommend all my family and friends to Mark’s Auto. – Jose and Angel
What are Your Used SUV Needs?
New inventory comes in weekly, and some sport utility vehicles may not yet be listed on the website. Let us know your SUV and transportation needs.