Traffic Closures May 17!
The Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon will run through Lakewood on Sunday, May 17, 2015 from 6 a.m. to noon. This event may affect your congregation’s parking and access during this time. The race proceeds from Denver west on Colfax from Sheridan, turns north on Pierce, travels through the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design campus, returns north on Pierce, west onto 20th to Glen Ayr, south on Glen Ayr and into the Glens neighborhood, then returns to Colfax, east to Sheridan and back into Denver.
Based on traffic closures for last year’s Marathon, these are the anticipated closures to expect for the 2015 Marathon. These are subject to change as the date nears.
- North to south streets that cross Colfax from Sheridan Boulevard to Garrison Street will be closed to through traffic from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- North to south streets that cross Colfax Avenue between West Sixth and West 26th Avenues will be closed to through traffic
- To move traffic north and south through the area, motorists will be funneled on detour routes to Interstate 70 and Federal Boulevard, using West Sixth, West 26th and West 32nd Avenues.
- Kipling Street is open to north/south traffic crossing W. Colfax.
- Pierce Street from Colfax Ave. to Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design will be closed in both directions.
- Traffic traveling east on W. Colfax will be diverted south on Garrison Street, then continue east on W. 14th Ave.
- Traffic will be allowed to proceed westbound on Colfax from Garrison.
- Traffic will be allowed limited access to local only traffic across W. 20th Avenue at signaled intersections, expect delays.
- Local traffic and marathon spectators will be permitted access.
- Access to Colfax businesses will be allowed from side streets either through limited-access lanes on Colfax Avenue marked with cones or through police escorts.
- Access to and from residences and churches adjacent to Colfax Avenue will be allowed through the use of side streets.
- The last runner will be off of Colfax Avenue in Lakewood at approximately 10:30 a.m. Colfax Avenue will be cleaned and swept immediately following the passage of runners.
For more information please visit: http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=268d277fc592d5119ba1337de&id=2ec270a6f8.